Job Description & Responsibilities
– Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans or specifications.
– Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
– Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
– Mix, pour, or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers.
– Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment or to heat or move materials, such as asphalt.
– Erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, or other temporary structures.
– Provide assistance to craft workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, or masons.
– Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails, or bolts
– 1 recent years’ experience working as a general laborer.
– Active Driver license.
– Must have a safety first attitude. Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures is required
– Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials up to 75 pounds.
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and we pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer