Job Description & Responsibilities
• Responsible for the finished product while enforcing proper safety and traffic precautions.
• Prepare road surfaces for hot asphalt material.
• Distribute and rake asphalt material used in construction, repair and resurfacing.
• Finish surfaces by smoothing and tamping asphalt material to the proper grade and thickness to properly adhere material to road surface.
• Repair utility cuts by removing temporary material and replacing with permanent hot asphalt material.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Experience with heavy roadway asphalt required.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from job sites, as they will vary.
• Understand and execute paving procedures while following instructions to meet the standards of the project.
At JDC, we promote a drug-free workplace environment and pride ourselves on being an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.